Monday, December 15, 2008

Final Thoughts


So tonight, we took our final in ed psych. It was strange to think that we've spent a whole semester together! If I had to rate the amount of information that I learned in class this semester on a scale of 1-10, I would probably say its probably about an 8. A lot of the things we talked about in class, I had learned in another class either here at Luther, or in high school, but I know I still will be taking a lot a way from ed psych. I really enjoyed nearly everything we did in class. There wasn't a day that went by that I thought that the class was pointless, or that I had no reason to go to class. I found each activity and discussion that we had interesting, and I've really enjoyed going to class this semester. In fact, I've found that about a lot of my classes this semester. I attribute this to the fact that I'm finally taking classes in my area of interest! Not to say that I don't enjoy the regular, english, math etc... but those classes never really interested me like my ed classes do. Its very reassuring to know that I've chosen something that I really like to learn about. I'm very excited to continue on this path! I think that ed psych is a great introduction into the ed program. It gives a great general overview of the teaching profession, and what our responsibilities will be as teachers. The format, with monday night lectures, panel discussions, and movies, is a great way to expose us to many different opinions and thoughts about teaching and the issues associated with it. Again, I've really enjoyed all this class had to offer, and I can't wait to see what else the Luther Teacher Ed Program has in store next!

No comments: